Total time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 burritos
- ¾ pound breakfast meat (optional)
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 (8”) whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheese
SAUTE breakfast meat, if necessary. DRAIN, CHOP into bite-sized pieces and SET aside. WHISK eggs with salt and pepper. HEAT skillet over medium heat sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. SCRAMBLE eggs until set and cooked thoroughly. PLACE tortillas on a clean, dry surface and LAYER with meat, eggs and cheese. FOLD in sides and ROLL into a burrito. Individually WRAP in clear plastic wrap and FREEZE.
To reheat: REMOVE plastic wrap and WRAP burrito in a paper towel. MICROWAVE for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, or until hot.
Approximate nutrition information per burrito: 330 calories; 14 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 273 mg cholesterol; 714 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 21 g protein
- High quality protein
- Half of an egg’s protein is found it the yolk
- Yolk contains b2, A, D, E, K, lecithin (emulsifies recipes)
- White contains selenium, vitamin D, b6, b12, zinc, iron, copper
- One large egg contains approximately 78 calories, 5 g fat; 6 g protein, 212 mg cholesterol