URBANDALE, Iowa — A fire broke out at a home in Urbandale Sunday night.

Fire crews were called to the home on Greenbelt Circle, just off Meredith Drive, a little after 11:30 p.m. Our team on the scene could see damage to the garage and parts of the house as firefighters inspected the structure.

Fire Marshal John Rech tells WHO 13 that the fire started on the outside of the house and extended into the attic area above the garage. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, started by embers from burnt cardboard that had been placed in an outside trash can.

No injuries were reported from the fire.

Rech said the damage to the home is estimated at $135,000.