SMOKEY STORE: Customers were evacuated from a metro Hy-Vee

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Firefighters were called to a Southside grocery store Monday night.

The Hy-Vee near Southridge Mall had to be evacuated Monday evening after a fire broke out in a compactor in the rear of the store.

Firefighters knocked the flames down quickly, but had to close the store as smoke was ventilated from the building.

One employee was treated for smoke inhalation.

Popular

Latest News

More News