DES MOINES, Iowa – Five people were arrested Monday night after they refused to leave the Des Moines campaign office of presidential candidate Joe Biden.
According to the Des Moines Police Department, officers were called to the office at 2411 Grand Ave. at 7:13 p.m. because about two-dozen protesters had entered the campaign’s field office and were refusing to leave.
Once officers arrived, several of the protesters did leave the premises but five people remained and were arrested:
- John Reardon, 22 years old, resident of Clive
- Michael McKinley, 68 years old, resident of Des Moines
- William Floyd, 22 years old, resident of Des Moines
- Denise Cheeseman, 21 years old, resident of Iowa City
- Kiran Loewenstein, 19 years old, resident of Grinnell
They face a charge of criminal trespassing. They were released at the scene after the arrest, with a summons to appear in court.