This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DES MOINES, Iowa — One person had to be hospitalized after a fire broke out at a house in the Drake neighborhood.

It happened in the 1400 block of 22nd Street around 7 p.m. Sunday. The Des Moines Fire Department said they are not sure what started the blaze, but the home is a complete loss.

They said a minor suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital in a private vehicle. He is expected to be OK.

The Red Cross is helping the home’s residents find a place to stay.

The fire is under investigation.