No Injuries Reported in Des Moines House Fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Des Moines firefighters were called out a little after 7 a.m. Tuesday on a house fire.

Crews arrived at 6205 Welker Avenue, about a block south of the Sands Volleyball Club, and found smoke coming from the home. It appeared there was a fire in rear of the home.

District Fire Chief Dan Burke says it appears the fire was started by a wood burning stove and spread into the attic. Most of the damage was contained to the rear of the home but firefighters did have to cut holes in the roof to fight the flames.

A woman and her daughter made it out of the home safely. The Red Cross has been called in to assist them.

Burke estimates the damage to the home at about $20,000.

Popular

Latest News

More News