This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
(Justin Surrency/WHO-HD)
(Justin Surrency/WHO-HD)

DES MOINES, Iowa — A Des Moines restaurant was evacuated Monday afternoon after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to China One International Buffet at 2301 Ingersoll Ave. around 4 p.m. after smoke and flames were seen coming from the roof.

Everyone was evacuated, including four people dining, and no serious injuries were reported.

Fire crews determined the fire started in the kitchen, possibly a grease fire.