GRINNELL BLAZE: Children Start House Fire

News

Courtesy: Duane McClun

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Authorities say a house fire in Grinnell was sparked by children playing with matches.

Fire crews responded to 1808 Third Avenue around 2 p.m. Monday.

The first started in the second floor bedroom.

Smoke detectors did activate and allowed everyone in the home to get out safely.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital by ambulance for heat exhaustion.

The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage.

Popular

Latest News

More News