Grimes Man Seriously Burned After Boat Catches Fire in Garage

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRIMES, Iowa — A Grimes man is hospitalized with serious burns after the boat he was working on caught fire.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office received a call at 2:16 p.m. Monday reporting a boat on fire at a home in the 300 block of SW Kennybrook Drive.

The caller said 37-year-old David Boots was working on his boat in his garage when the engine caught fire. Boots was taken to a local hospital with serious burns.

The Johnston/Grimes Fire Department contained the fire to the garage. Minimal damage was reported.

Popular

Latest News

More News