Grilling Danger: Wire Bristles Can Cause Serious Injuries

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Doctors are sounding the alarm about a serious hazard that may pop up right when you plop the burgers down on the grill.

Researchers at the University of Missouri say grillers need to be aware of the risks when cleaning with a wire brush.

"There might be a bristle in their burger," explains Dr. David Chang.

A bristle that falls off the wire brush plants itself on the grill and creates a serious health hazard.

Doctors say the complications that could result can't be understated.

"One little bristle unrecognized could get lodged into various areas in the body," warns Dr. Chang, "the throat, tonsil region, neck region"

Read more:


Latest News

More News