Gas Leak Causes Des Moines Salvation Army to be Evacuated

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- The Salvation Army warehouse, store and residential facility on East Court Avenue was evacuated Tuesday morning due to a natural gas leak.

Crews in the warehouse bumped a pipe, which caused a puncture in a gas line.

Ten workers in the warehouse were evacuated along with 65 residents of the men’s residential facility.

Salvation Army officials say MidAmerican Energy crews were working just a block away when the gas leak happened and were able to respond quickly.

Within 15-20 minutes, everyone was allowed to go back into the Salvation Army facility.

Latest News

More News