FATAL FIRE: No Working Smoke Detector

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire investigators believe lack of a working smoke detector is to blame for house fire that killed five people last month.

According to the report released Monday the fire started in the southwest part of a mobile home in rural Sherrad, just south of the Quad Cities. The smoke detector in the home was not working at the time of the fire.

Eight people were in the home at the time, a man and two young boys were able to get to safety, while a woman and four girls died in the fire.


Latest News

More News