FATAL FIRE: Woman Dies From Injuries

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A 21-year-old Quad Cities woman died Monday, more than a week after her house burned as a result of a clothes dryer overheating.

WQAD reports Kasandra Martinez was the only person in her home at the time of the fire and that firefighters rescued her from a second-story window.

Moline Fire Marshall Mick Dochterman said that while it isn’t clear what caused the clothes dryer to overheat, fires starting from dryers are very common but can often be prevented with proper care and maintenance.

A funeral service will be held for Martinez at Calvary Church of the Quad Cities in Moline at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 11, 2013.


Latest News

More News