This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- Nobody’s perfect. Can’t believe the Giants knocked the Rangers Cliff Lee out of the game. Easy to tell the country is not gripped with World Series fever, but I for one am glad to see some new blood in there. Sloppy game 1, but still fun.
- Friday it felt like spring, Wednesday winter. Come on old man, let us ramp up to the misery. the high school football playoffs were COLD.
- The mostly unneeded round one had a couple of upsets proponents will point to for years: 3-6 Urbandale stunned 9-0 Council Bluffs Abe Lincoln, and 3-6 Waukee surprised 8-1 Ft. Dodge.
- I loved watching the Celtics beat the Heat on opening night.
- Matt Gatens tearing a tendon in his non-shooting hand won’t ruin Iowa’s season—it’s a transitional year anyway—but Gatens is a hard worker who always looked like he belonged in the Big Ten, even when others in the Lickliter years did not. Tough bounce for Gatens, I hope he’s back soon.
- I watched Masterpiece Theater this week on PBS. That’s a sentence I never thought I’d type. The update of Sherlock Holmes was entertaining.