This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- I apologize for the delay. My boss wants us all to turn in our prom pictures to go along with the “13 Fascinating Facts” at who13.com, and I’ve used all my available time to think of ways to avoid embarrassing myself with the Burt Reynolds Bandit look.
- Cyclone fans have remained resilient despite numerous kicks to the gut, the most recent by Cael Sanderson. The loyalty and faith were returned by Craig Brackins. There is no doubt in my mind he would have been a first round NBA draft pick, guaranteed to make more than two million dollars. He says he has unfinished business at Iowa State. It’s a smart move. Big picture, I believe Brackins will have a longer career and make more money. He needs to bulk up, and improve even more. I’m sure he’ll do both.
- No one needed that good news more than Greg McDermott, not even Jamie Pollard. It’s interesting that Brackins says Mike Taylor had a huge influence on Craig staying another year at Iowa State. Taylor says the NBA is a job, a grind, and enjoy college while you can. Taylor also spoke highly of McDermott’s integrity and genuine interest in what’s best for Brackins. This endorsement, from a guy who was kicked off the team by McDermott. Says a lot.
- No one knows for sure why Cael Sanderson left Iowa State for Penn State, but I think three things mattered most: More money, Iowa Hawkeyes, less pressure.
- Lolo Jones is a force of nature. It’s fun to see her charisma lift the spirits of everyone around her. Kind of like Craig Brackins in Ames.
- Andy and I really appreciate all the well-wishes, support, and enthusiasm many of you have shared for our new radio show on KXnO, “Murph & Andy”. We just completed the first week, and we had a lot of fun. We knew it wouldn’t be easy, especially this time of year, but thanks to Jon Miller, Corey Coon, Greg Chance, and others, we’re learning on the job. Thanks for listening in when you can.