This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FORT DODGE, Iowa — Four people, including a seven-year-old child, were injured by a butane explosion inside a vehicle parked outside a tobacco and vape business in Fort Dodge on Saturday.

According to a news release, the Fort Dodge Fire Department was called to World Liquor & Tobacco + Vape on N. 15th Street at 3:24pm on a report of a vehicle explosion with four people injured. Firefighters arrived to find the car still burning. Four people were injured in the explosion. Two of them – a 21 year old woman and a seven year old boy – were airlifted to a burn unit in Iowa City. A 24 year old man was taken there by ground ambulance as well. A fourth victim suffered just minor injuries. Their names have not been releaseD.

Police say the fire was caused by someone in the vehicle “using butane” while when another occupant lit a lighter, igniting the fumes. The Fort Dodge Police and Fire departments are both investigating still.