This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Shauna Meany from Good Chives shares a great summer salad recipe called Mediterranean Pasta Salad. You can follow Good Chives on Instagram for great meal prep advice and recipes.
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups fresh herbs – I like basil, dill and mint!
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Drain the pasta, toss it with a little olive oil (this prevents it sticking as one big clump!) and let it cool to room temp.
- In a large serving bowl, mix pasta, tomatoes, chickpeas, arugula, cucumbers, feta cheese, basil, parsley, mint, and pine nuts. Pour the dressing and toss to coat.
Meal Prep Tip:
- The flavors in this salad meld together wonderfully while it sits in the fridge. But I recommend adding the arugula right before serving if you are making ahead! This way they don’t wilt too much.