13 Fascinating Facts
- I’m an only child, but I’m super close to my extended family.
- I was very picky with food as a child. When I was younger I would only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at Thanksgiving dinner which made my grandma VERY upset.
- I’m a member of the first black sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
- My favorite thing to do by myself is grocery shop, it’s so therapeutic!
- Twins run on the paternal side of my family. My great grandmother actually had 4 sets of twins.
- One of my first career dreams was to be an editorial writer. I used to steal all of my mom and granny’s issues of Vibe and InStyle magazine to read the interviews with my favorite artists.
- I am notorious for falling asleep in any moving vehicle.
- I love to bake! I am famous for my holiday brownies. I am also a firm advocate of pineapples on pizza.
- I’m not much of a coffee girl so I drink black tea every morning. It tastes like dirt but it’s the only thing that gets me wide awake for the morning show.
- I was a contestant on the Price Is Right. I didn’t win anything and it was the most stressful hour of my life.
- My family and I are AVID Game of Thrones fans. We have watched every episode together. They would even facetime me while I was in college so I would still be in the room.
- I love music and if you know me I always have headphones in. Getting a yellow iPod Nano when I was 12 is still my favorite Christmas gift.
- The first movie I ever cried watching was E.T. 6 year old Taylor just didn’t understand why he had to go back to his planet when Earth was cool enough.
Taylor Musgrove joined WHO-TV as a reporter in October 2019, after graduating from Bradley University with a degree in Television Arts.
While at Bradley, Taylor served as an anchor and reporter for the university’s tv station, BUTV. She also worked as an Associate Producer for Nexstar station, WMBD-TV.
Taylor has interned with WGN-TV Morning Show, ABC7 Chicago’s talk show, Windy City Live and the blog, TMZ. These experiences have fueled her love for morning news and daytime talk shows. She looks forward to being Hello Iowa’s Entertainment Reporter.
Taylor grew up in the south suburbs of Chicago. She misses her family, friends and Chicago food but is always excited to try a new restaurant in Des Moines!
To connect with Taylor, visit her Facebook page, Taylor Musgrove – WHO Channel 13.