13 fascinating facts about Dave Price:
• I play the trumpet, although not very often anymore. I bought my first instrument at my grandpa’s music repair store.
• I completed the Chicago marathon on a frigid morning in 2002.
• My grandpa used to ride bikes as a kid with Beverly Hillbillies star, Buddy Ebsen, in Belleville, Illinois.
• When I was growing up, half our backyard was full of strawberry plants. Strawberries are still my favorite fruit.
• My wife and I got engaged on Friday the 13th.
• I probably have a tie addiction.
• My father-in-law is a divorce attorney. So is my brother-in-law. I had better be a REALLY good husband.
• I throw right-handed and kick left-footed. I don’t know why.
• Barack and Michelle Obama gave me honeymoon advice.
• LeAnn Rimes was my first celebrity interview. I flew a T-34 Mentor Navy plane over the Rocky Mountains. And I steered a nuclear submarine in the Bahamas, all because of cool tv assignments.
• I have two younger brothers and a sister. My mom always baked birthday cakes in shapes of our favorite characters. My dad makes amazing soups and barbecue.
• I almost never miss a St. Louis Cardinals’ game on tv. My grandma used to babysit former Cards’ manager, Whitey Herzog.
• I’m a German/Austrian/English/Welsh/Native American/native Illinoisian.
Dave Price is WHO-TV’s Political Director, host of the Sunday morning show “The Insiders” and anchors Channel 13 News on weekend evenings.
It’s difficult to find a local television reporter in the United States who has spent more time covering presidential candidates than Dave. Dave grew up in Belleville, Illinois, where he formed his passion in politics and his beloved St. Louis Cardinals from his dad.
He graduated from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville and later worked at the powerhouse radio station in St. Louis, KMOX.
Dave left St. Louis radio to earn his Master’s Degree at the prestigious University of Missouri-Columbia. He stayed in Columbia, where he served as morning news anchor and assignments manager at KOMU-TV.
Dave then moved to Montgomery, Alabama, to help launch WNCF-TV, where he served as weekend anchor and political reporter.
In 2001, Dave began his career at WHO-TV, where he specializes in coverage of the Iowa Caucuses and state government.
Dave has earned a national Emmy, Edward R. Murrow and dozens of state and regional awards for his reporting and anchor. He also authored his first book, “Caucus Chaos,” an insider’s account of the always unpredictable way Iowans help pick the next president.
He lives in Clive with his wife Emily, son Hayden and daughter Lyla.
You can e-mail Dave at Dave.Price@who13.com.
Follow him on Twitter: @idaveprice
Reach him on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DavePriceNews