13 fascinating facts about Andy Fales:
• I am an avid gardener. I loving growing tomatoes and spending time working on my lawn and perennial gardens.
• I love cooking and mixology. My favorite time with my wife is spent in the kitchen making dinner and spinning drinks on Friday and Saturday nights.
• I am a supporter of environmental and animal welfare causes. I support the ARL of Iowa, the Sierra Club, Defenders of Wildlife, and the Door County Land Trust.
• I have played the electric bass guitar since I was in high school.
• My degree is in English, but when I first went to college, I wanted to be a wildlife biologist so that I could do a show like “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” which I loved watching as a child. I still hope to do something like that, some day.
• My very favorite sport to watch is St. Louis Blues hockey. I tend to yell at the TV when they’re on.
• In 2019, I reintroduced myself to vinyl records and have since begun to amass a nice collection. I love the watching my children read the liner notes and lyrics as they listen to our records. We listen to everything, but I personally think that 60s and 70s classic rock sounds best on our vintage system.
• My mother’s family is from northern Wisconsin, and my parents retired there. We take a summer vacation up there every year.
• My wife and I love to eat ethnic food. We love Indian, Thai and Japanese most.
• My favorite athlete of all time is Wayne Gretzky. I once got to make a beer run for him while producing the Brett Hull Show at KFNS Radio in St. Louis.
• My wife and I took forever to agree on the names for our children, Elin and Eddie.
• I began my TV career at WJFW in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. The day I got the job, I was so happy I cried. My three years in the Northwoods were absolutely wonderful and I’ll always love that area.
• I love to camp, hike and fish. My best friend and I take a long trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern Minnesota every summer.
Andy Fales is an Emmy-award-winning reporter who co-anchors “Today In Iowa.” Since making the switch from sports in 2008, he has become one of Iowa’s most decorated storytellers and his “Iowa Icons” and “Andy Answers” reports have won numerous awards. He also contributes his well-known “What’s Bugging Andy?” commentary to Channel 13’s long-running call-in show “SoundOFF.”
Andy and his wife, Kahala, are the proud parents of two beautiful (usually beautiful) children and a Cardigan Welsh corgi (Bernard). Andy was born and raised in St. Louis and is still an avid fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues.
You can reach Andy at email@example.com.