13 Fascinating Facts About Stephanie:
- I’m a dog lover, but I don’t own a dog.
- I’m afraid of cats. A childhood incident scarred me for life.
- I love Beyonce. That’s it.
- I like playing tennis. Before I moved to Iowa, I learned how to play the game, and now I’m determined to learn more about the sport.
- I lived in Cedar Rapids from 2015 to 2017. While I was there, I started a dance team at my local church.
- I LOVE to dance
- I’m a proud Maryland native, so I love eating crabs!
- I don’t know how to swim, but I love the water. I know I need to learn.
- Self-care is a top priority for me. I’m a firm believer that if you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of others.
- Both of my sibling’s first names start with the letter “S.”
- I’m the middle child. I have two brothers.
- I have family in Sint Eustatius. It’s a tiny island near Aruba.
- Broccolini is my favorite vegetable.
Stephanie Johnson joined WHO-13 News as a general assignment reporter in October 2020. Previously, she worked in Baltimore at WBAL news radio as an anchor and reporter while working at Laurel TV, a hyper-local tv station outside Washington, DC.
Stephanie also worked at WPMT in Central Pennsylvania as the assignment desk editor, web producer, and multimedia journalist.
She started as a tv news reporter in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, at KGAN/KFXA. There she covered tornados and the 2017 floods as a morning reporter.
In addition to working in tv news, Stephanie worked in news production at WJLA in Northern Virginia and CBS News headquarters in New York City.
A Maryland native, Stephanie earned her bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism with an emphasis in political science from Hampton University in Virginia.
She is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists.
Stephanie fell in love with journalism while she was in high school and has never looked back.
When Stephanie is not reporting, she enjoys chatting with friends and family over Zoom and reading books.
Additionally, she is attempting to learn how to cook healthier meals so, if you have any great recipes, send her an email, and she will share the results over social media pages.
Stephanie is excited to return to Iowa and discover this part of the state. If you would like Stephanie to share your story feel free to email her.