13 fascinating facts about Megan Reuther:
• My first name is Elizabeth, but only doctors and telemarketers call me that.
• I met my husband at work. We fell in love doing a news story about mold.
• We lived on a farm the first two years we were married.
• We have 3 kids: 2 boys and 1 girl.
• My two pinkies are curved.
• I don’t like cheese.
• My sister and I are only eight months apart. My brother and I are nine years apart.
• I have 30 cousins.
• My first job was washing floors at the family car business.
• I used to hate running. I’ve now completed eight half marathons and one full marathon.
• I am from Missouri.
• I can’t go to sleep unless my pajamas match.
• I sing the same song to my kids my mom sang to me every night I tuck them into bed.
Megan Reuther is the host of WHO 13’s new lifestyle show “Hello Iowa!” The hour of fun featuring fashion, food, health, home decor, and more airs from 11 a.m. to noon each weekday.
Megan joined the WHO 13 News Team in October 2007, starting as the live reporter for the station’s top-rated Today in Iowa morning news program. She anchored the Channel 13 News at Noon for five years.
Her work on a month long series about childhood cancer awareness won an Upper Midwest Regional Emmy for health series in 2020.
Megan came to the station from KWWL in Waterloo where she was an Anchor/Reporter. Prior to that, she was an Anchor/Reporter at KOMU in Columbia, Missouri. She graduated with a Journalism/Broadcast News degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.