13 fascinating facts about Megan Reuther:
• My first name is Elizabeth, but only doctors and telemarketers call me that.
• I met my husband at work. We fell in love doing a news story about mold.
• We lived on a farm the first two years we were married.
• We have 3 kids: 2 boys and 1 girl.
• My two pinkies are curved.
• I don’t like cheese.
• My sister and I are only eight months apart. My brother and I are nine years apart.
• I have 30 cousins.
• My first job was washing floors at the family car business.
• I used to hate running. I’ve now completed eight half marathons and one full marathon.
• I am from Missouri.
• I can’t go to sleep unless my pajamas match.
• I sing the same song to my kids my mom sang to me every night I tuck them into bed.
Megan Reuther anchors the Channel 13 News at Noon. She joined the Channel 13 News Team in October 2007, starting as the live reporter for the station’s top-rated Today in Iowa morning news program.
Her work on a month long series about childhood cancer awareness won an Eric Sevareid award for best series in 2019. She was also nominated for an Upper Midwest Emmy in the environmental reporting category that year.
Megan came to the station from KWWL in Waterloo where she was an Anchor/Reporter. Prior to that, she was an Anchor/Reporter at KOMU in Columbia, Missouri. She graduated with a Journalism/Broadcast News degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.